Perushtitsa Historical Museum

The Perushtitsa Historical Museum is included in the 100 national tourist sites under the number 42. The municipality of Perushtitsa won a project for its renovation, which is funded under Measure 313- "Encouraging of tourism activities" of the Program for Rural Development from 2007 to 2013. The museum is open after renovation and welcomes visitors. More about the exposures presented there can be found at

he museum was created on March 5, 1955. The exhibition was found on the day of the 80th anniversary of the April Uprising on Square "27th Aprilii". In May 1969 on the same place the new museum building was found, which has an exposition covering the history of the city from its creation until today. The Museology in Perushtitsa has its roots from the period of the Bulgarian Revival. After the April Uprising, initiated by perushtinians, a committee was found by the name "27 Aprilui 1876", whose purpose was to preserve and protect the memory of the heroes of the April Uprising. Thanks to the means of patriotic donors, the committee used the collected funds for the restoration of the historic church and museum "St. Archangel Michael ". That was the beginning of the first museum exhibition in Perushtitsa – it exhibits the preserved bones of perushtinians who died during the uprising as well as their weapons and attributes.

The Historical Museum in Perushtitsa is part of the movement "Get to Know Bulgaria”
Phone number: 03143/22 05
Working hours: 09:00 to 17:00 (every day)